Join us on July 19 for The Mexican Museum Dedication Ceremony & Cornerstone Presentation at the site of its new home in the Yerba Buena Gardens Art District!The Mexican Museum is holding a family-friendly Dedication Ceremony & Cornerstone Presentation event on Tuesday, July 19 from 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. This history-making celebration marks the culmination of decades of work by hundreds of community and local government stakeholders to fulfill the reality of a new facility for The Mexican Museum in the Yerba Buena Gardens Art District at Jessie Square Plaza, adjacent to 706 Mission Street (between 3rd & 4th Streets).Reflecting The Mexican Museum’s unique artistry and cultural richness, the special celebration will include:
- Comments by local dignitaries and special guests.
- Appearances by Boxing World Champions, including Julio César Chávez, considered the greatest Mexican fighter of all time, who will sign and present 100 pairs of kid’s boxing gloves. More information to come regarding other champions attending.
- A book signing by famed author Veronica Monterrubio, who will sign copies of her latest children's book, El Árbol o Recuento de una Vida Inanimada.
- A performance by world renowned, Oakland-born flautist Elena Durán, who is known as one of the most charismatic flute players on the international concert platform today.
- Colorful art demonstrations by Huichol Indian artists.
Construction of the 706 Mission Street Residential Tower & Mexican Museum is underway, including the rehabilitation of the Aronson Building by the museum’s partner, Millennium Partners. Building development and construction will continue over the next 35 months. The Mexican Museum will occupy the first four floors of the new 43-story tower at Jesse Square. RSVP here! For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.