uCamps is a performing arts enrichment camp founded by a high school drama teacher who gathered his musician, artist, filmmaker, and theater friends back in 2000 to run a camp at YMCA Camp Loma Mar. The uCamps mission is to bring happiness to campers by providing fun, educational, outdoor adventure, and performing arts enrichment programs. Presented in a safe, nurturing, team-oriented environment, uCamps' programs reinforce the value of family and community. This sellout camp for kids in grades 3–12 offers a variety of performing arts and traditional camp activities: acting, improv, dance, musical theater, music, filmmaking, costume design, rock bands, climbing, ropes courses, zip lines, sports, and more. Kids are free to choose activities that best suit them.
SDC has gotten so popular that they have limited the number of kids who are able to attend. They have also split the camps into two age groups and two venues. Campers are grouped by age and gender. The ratio is one counselor per six campers. Camps can be combined for multi-week enrichment. Everyone is encouraged to take the bus to and from camp, if available. Early bird discounts available.
- The Original Summer Drama Camp: July 24–August 4; grades 6–12; $1,590 per week
- F.A.M.E. Camps (Acting, Music, Speech, Film, Visual Arts): July 9–July 15; grades 6–12; $845 per week
- Discovery Camp: July 17–July 22; grades 3–9; $795 per week
- Leadership In Training (CIT): July 9–July 22; grades 11 and up; $1,145 per week
- Forest Footsteps: July 23–August 4; grades 3–9; $545 per week
- Earth Adventure: July 23–August 4; grades 8–12; $995 per week
- Family Camp (Camp Sequioa Lake): August 31–September 3, $185 for adults and kids 13 and up, $135 for kids ages 4 to 12, FREE for kids ages 0 to 3
Winter 2012: December 27–December 31; grades 3–12; $495
From San Francisco, take 101 South or 280 South to 85 South. Take 17 South toward Santa Cruz. Turn right at Alma College Road. Turn left at Bear Creek Road and drive on windy roads for about eleven miles. Turn left at Highway 9. Turn right at Big Basin Way.
From San Francisco, take 101 South or 280 South to 85 South. Take 17 South toward Santa Cruz. Take the Bear Creek Road. Turn left at Bear Creek Road. Turn left to stay on Bear Creek Road. Turn left at CA-35 S. Turn right at Upper Zayante Road. Upper Zayante Road turns right and becomes Upper E Zayante Road/Zayante Road. Turn right to stay on Upper E Zayante Road/Zayante Road. Turn right to stay on Upper E Zayante Road/Zayante Road. Turn left at Upper E Zayante Road/E Zayante Road. Continue to follow E Zayante Road. Turn right to stay on E Zayante Road. Turn left to stay on E Zayante Road. Camp is at 9115 E Zayante Road, Felton.
*Sign up early! These camps are very popular and fill up quickly.
*Discounts are available for early birds and for those who sign up for multiple weeks.