SFkids is created by San Francisco parents and funded by the Department of Children, Youth & Their Families (DCYF), working with their nonprofit partner GoKid.org. SFkids is designed to help every family in every neighborhood of our beautiful City raise healthy, happy children from babies to young adulthood...
Click on our Editors weekly top picks!
NOTE: If you are organizing a family, youth, or teen event in your neighborhood/community in San Francisco, and want to have it added to our calendar, please submit the information to us!
Bike to School Week
Bike to School Week is a yearly event to celebrate the convenience and joy of biking to school. Individual parents or staff sign up their school and promote biking to school on one day during the week of April, 21-25
• Biking for San Francisco Families: Routes and Resources
• Bike Smart, Ride Safe for Kids class at the Presidio YMCA is for kids of all abilities who want to learn skills to help them ride a bicycle more safely.
• Blazing Saddles Bike Rentals & Tours
• Sunday Streets--bike in the streets! Streets are closed for fun in a different part of the City to explore every month. Young ones (and older ones) can take the class Freedom from Training Wheels..
• San Francisco Bicycle Coalition offers tips, safety, rides and more. See the Bike Law 101 to make sure you know the rules of the road.
• Trips for Kids/Re-Cyclery takes kids on trips and helps them build bikes.
• The Bike Kitchen is a do-it-yourself bicycle resource. Learn how to do a tune up for youth and adults.
• SF Biking Families Yahoo! Group• SF Bike Map showing bike paths, bike lanes, bike shops, public transportation, and grades of hills i from the SF Bicycle Advisory Committee or check 511.org for more info.
• Suggested open areas to learn to ride: Ocean Beach sidewalk, City College parking lot, Treasure Island, Crissy Field, Marina Green, Golden Gate Park (weekend closed street areas).
Kids Need Activities?
Find thousands of listings on our pages:
Family Need Help?
Find resources for family support, education, health, and safety on our pages:
• SFK Crisis Page Help, Advice, Support …
• SFK Health Pages Environmental Health, Maternal Health, Medical, Vision, Dental …
• SFK Parent Resources Pages Housing, Legal, Food, Parenting Stories …
• SFK Education Pages Public, Private, Homeschooling, Preschools …
SFkids is a proud media sponsor
Saturday, April 26
Food, activitites and more!
Enjoy entertainment from emcee Daniel Handler, official representative of Lemony Snicket!
Treat your human child to a day of jumpy houses, face painting, carnival games, delicious food, and more!
Summer Programs and Camps
2014 Summer Camp & Program Discounts! We have some special early bird discounts for our SFkids families!!!
Free Family Adventures
The FAMILY PASS is only valid for
San Francisco families with children up to age 18.
Did you know you can also visit a local Rec and Park swimming pools?
- Visit any San Francisco Public Library
- Choose a Participating Attraction
- Use your San Francisco Public Library Card to check out a FAMILY PASS. Library card holder must be present at checkout. Only one pass may be checked out on a library card at a time.
Have you told your friends and school community about SFkids.org lately?